At Catholic World Mission, we partner with impoverished communities worldwide to provide the aid and support they need to alleviate material, educational and spiritual poverty. To do so, we communicate with them to identify their needs across these levels.
To achieve the task of the Great Commission, we need the help and financial support of kind donors like you. Support our Catholic missionaries, empower underprivileged communities and help spread the Gospel of Christ by setting up your donor-advised fund today.
Feel free to contact us with any questions about donating to Catholic World Mission. If you’re ready to be the difference, make your life-giving donation today!
What Are Donor-Advised Funds?
The IRS defines donor-advised funds (DAFs) as charitable fund accounts handled by 501(c)(3) nonprofit sponsoring organizations. Your donor-advised fund is a charitable investment account dedicated to setting aside cash or other publicly traded assets to donate to the 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations and charitable causes you care about.
Assets you can invest into a donor-advised fund include:
- Cash or cash equivalents like checks or wire transfers
- Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin
- Mutual fund shares
- C-corp or S-corp shares
How Do Donor-Advised Funds Work?
To set up a donor-advised fund, open a giving account with your preferred sponsoring organization. Once you have created an account:
- Donate: Irrevocably donate cash or noncash assets to the sponsoring organization.
- Invest: Invest your donation into a giving or asset allocation pool so your investments grow.
- Give: Grant your investments to the 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations and IRS-qualified public charities of your choosing.
Why Donate Through a Donor-Advised Fund?
You’ll find several advantages to donating to Catholic World Mission through your donor-advised fund:
- Easily donate noncash assets with a donor advised fund: Donor-advised funds make investing and growing certain assets like company shares or cryptocurrencies convenient and hassle-free.
- Earn tax benefits and increase giving: Your donor-advised fund investments make you eligible for income tax deductions. Cash donations usually qualify for deductions totaling 60% of your adjusted gross income. The assets you invest into a donor-advised fund also grow tax-free. Ultimately, the tax-advantageous features of a donor-advised fund help you generate more income and increase your donation amounts to the charities and causes you are deeply passionate about supporting.
- Streamline record keeping of your giving: A donor-advised fund is a convenient way to manage your giving to multiple organizations in one place. With a donor-advised fund, you can fill out one tax form come tax season — no matter the number of charities or organizations you donate to. You also do not need to keep a record of gift acknowledgments from organizations.
- Start legacy planning early: Donor-advised funds are excellent for estate planning. You can nominate a trusted individual or loved one to receive the remaining funds left in your DAF after your passing or choose to bequeath them to your preferred organizations or charities.